Thursday, February 17, 2011

Get to know Jay2da

I recently had a chance to sit down with new Future Promotions team member Jay2da days after his show opening for Wale at Icons. Here is the interview that took place.

FuturePromotions: How did you get your stage name?
Jay2da: It was one of those things that just came to me, i had gone by other names before like Jayce Evans, Lou, just random shit, but Jay2da just came out the blue and it stuck.

FuturePromotions: Who are your musical influences?
Jay2da: I love classic shit like A Tribe Called Quest, old Nas, old Jay-Z, Outkast, Digable Planets, like the stuff that started everything that we lsiten to today. I love new stuff like Lupe Fiasco, The Cool Kids, N.E.R.D,Pac Div, Cudi, Wiz, J.Cole, Curren$y and a bunch of other underground cats. I also love out of hip hop stuff like Jimi Hendrix, Aerosmith, The Mars Volta, etc. To me good music is good music and you can learn a little bit from everyone

FuturePromotions: Describe your pre show routine.
Jay2da: It starts at my house when I get ready...its starts with the shoe selection then I build what im wearing from there. After thats all straight, I usually get to the venue way before the show and scope out the stage so I know what Im working with as far as space goes and the view. And from that point I'm continuously running lyrics in my head and drinking until its time to perform.

FuturePromotions: What inspires you to write your music?
Jay2da: My inspiration comes from experiences, whether it be my past, like high school, or something that I saw on the way to work. I try to only talk about stuff that I've been through or want to get to and everything in between.

FuturePromotions: You just opened up for Wale and Over 21, whats next?
Jay2da: My mixtape and a Frat house tour bitchesss!

FuturePromotions: When can we expect some new music?
Jay2da: Within the next couple weeks actually, we've been in the studio cooking up new shit, we are just waiting to decide what we want to push and what we wanna throw out. We've been experimenting with different styles, different producers and different overall sounds. We want to slap the world in the face with something that will wake them up to Jay2da and The Locals.

FuturePromotions: Where do you want to be in 5 years?
Jay2da: In 5 years I want to be wherever the music takes me. We have a game plan, a solid team and dope music so the sky is the limit. Im just a regular dude with dreams of a penthouse suite with a '78 Trans Am in the parking garage ya know? haha. I want my music to be bigger than just around the DMV and I want to make a brand in the music industry that hasn't been seen before.

FuturePromotions: Any last shoutouts?
Jay2da: Yeah I wanna shout out my girl who's been supporting my music, my parents, Future Promotions, Over21, and HMG and all my Locals that bang with the movement. Check me out on Twitter @RollitUpJay and search "Jay2da" on Facebook to hear the music and to stay updated on future shows and releases.
...And I shouldnt have to say it, but this for The Locals ONLY.

Find Jay2da on facebook --> http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Jay2da/360621401623

Find Future Promotions on facebook --> http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=112947152099332

TWITTER
@RollitupJay
@FutureVAPromo
@RyanFeltman
@iFuture703

No comments:

Post a Comment